Thursday 18 April 2013

Regal Butterflies

It was my little Princess' birthday this week. As she loves butterflies - she brings home a drawing of a butterfly everyday! - we thought we'd buy her some butterfly themed items for her room. I managed to find her a pretty duvet set and some new curtains, but not much else (nothing that I liked anyway) so I decided to make a couple of items myself.

First of all I made a pretty pink paper butterfly canvas to hang on her wall:
 and then I made a co-ordinating lampshade:
I cut all the butterfly shapes by hand, which although took quite a long time, I actually found really relaxing, and then stuck them down individually using my glue gun. Each item was super easy to make but look really effective so I'm very pleased with the results and, more importantly, Princess loves them!

What have you been making recently?

Have fun.

Jumbleberries xx



2 comments:

Debbie said...

Ooh I love butterflies tooand these are all so pretty!I'm sure your daughter loved them!

Debbie x

famfa said...

Wow I'm sure your princess loved them. Behest s fabulous idea xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...