Saturday 24 March 2012

Saturday Show & Tell :: Busy Bee

Apologies for the lack of blog posts for a while, but it's been a busy time here at Jumbleberries HQ of late.....

Firstly it was Mr A's mum's birthday during the week, so of course I wanted to make her a handmade gift. I had in mind that I wanted to make her a felt brooch (obvs), but I really wanted to use a completely new design. Whilst browsing the haberdashery stall at our weekly market looking for inspiration, I found some really lovely sunshiny-yellow felt and an idea for bumble-bees and daisies was born. This is what I came up with:
I'm sooo pleased with how it turned out (hope she likes it too) that I am going to add it to my shop. I think it would look uber cute pinned to a school book bag - what do you think?

Secondly, my best friend asked me to make her a large corsage that she could wear on her jacket. She wears quite a lot of black with silver jewellery, so I decided on a soft grey colour:
I've had a go at making these types of loopy flowers before, but I tried a different pattern this time and I have to say it worked so much better. It turned out extra large though at 13cm wide, so it is totally a statement item, but thankfully she loved it - so a job well done I think.

So what with adding some more items to my shop, quite a productive week all in all.  

What have you been making this week?

Have fun. xx

1 comment:

famfa said...

Love MrA's mum brooch, very springlike. Loopy corsage gorgeous too. I've been making you pif gift and am glad to say its on it's way xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...